Wear A Mask
Bois Forte Tribal Government has issued the recommendation that all employees of the Tribal Government and business entities wear masks while at work. It is also recommended that employees and members of the community wear cloth face coverings/masks while in public settings especially in locations it is difficult to maintain social distancing.
Here are a few important things to keep in mind with this recommendation:
- Masks or cloth face coverings can help with preventing your germs from infecting others – especially in situations where you may spread the virus without symptoms.
- Wearing a mask does not protect you from others who may spread the virus. So, whether or not you wear a mask, you still need to wash your hands frequently, cover your cough, and practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet of space between people.
- People who are sick should still stay home. Wearing a mask does not mean people who are sick should go out into the community. If you are sick and need to go to the doctor, call your health care provider before going in and wear a mask to the clinic.
- Don’t buy or wear surgical or N95 masks. These supplies are in high need in health care facilities to protect health care workers.
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.