Twin Cities Urban Office – Work Experience Program Opening
Work Experience Program Opening
The Twin Cities Urban office is looking for an interested person for the following work experience program (WEX). WEX is a stipend program and is not considered wages, it is run through the Mille Lacs Urban Office and is intended to increase ones employability.
Here is a brief description of the work plan:
- Getting familiar with Excel: entering contact information, creating a spreadsheet.
- Using Microsoft Word, creating flyers, typing up resumes or letters for tribal members if needed.
- Making calls to tribal members regarding events held locally
- Researching for needed services providers as requested by tribal members
- Greeting people coming into the building, maintaining a good and welcoming atmosphere
- Trouble shooting with tribal members, learning how to prioritize concerns and communicating that to them
- Faxing documents
- Learning about confidentiality and the importance of maintaining it for our community
- Assist in planning events
- Assist tribal members in filling out forms as needed.
The hours per week are to be determined by the worker and applicant. Please notify Jacque Wilson if you intend on doing the intake and mention my name when you get started on the intake so I can follow up. I believe there might be a UA as part of the intake process.
Jacque Wilson, Coordinator
Bois Forte Urban Office
1308 E Franklin Ave, Suite 112
Minneapolis, MN 55404