The program will help with uniforms, work clothing, work boots/shoes, tools, gas, auto expenses (excluding routine maintenance, cosmetic repairs and/or loan payments), and childcare.
Direct Employment Guidelines
Eligibility will be determined by the following criteria:
1. Must be an enrolled member of the Bois Forte Band of Chippewa.
2. Must reside in St. Louis, Koochiching or Itasca Counties.
3. Must apply for services within 30 days of original hire.
4. The amount of financial assistance will be based on the verified need. (Not to exceed $400.00)
5. Letter stating need must accompany this application.
6. All eligible applications must be completed prior to services.
No cash payment will be made to participant. Those applicants that are full time employees will receive a maximum amount of $400.00. Permanent part-time employees will receive a pro-rated amount based upon the maximum amount set for full time employees and number of hours worked as indicated by supervisor completing the Employment Verification Form. On call employees with receive a flat rate of $100.00. (Employment Verifications are included in application).
The program will help with uniforms, work clothing, work boots/shoes, tools, gas, auto expenses (excluding routine maintenance, cosmetic repairs and/or loan payments), and childcare. Payments will be issued in the form of a purchase order or direct payment to the provider of services. If asking for assistance with childcare please provide a statement including full name of provider, address, and childcare rate. A W-9 form will also be required from the childcare provider.
To apply for Direct Employment:
1. Have employer fill out Verification of Employment form.
2. Write a short Statement of Need that includes what you need assistance with.
3. Return application, verification, and statement of need to the WIOA office for determination of eligibility.
This program is designed to further your employment, to retain employment or to help find you employment.